The Face++ APIs allow you to incorporate face detection, recognition and analysis capabilities into your web-enabled application, website or service. These Terms of Service were written to allow You to understand what you can and what you can't do when using Face++ APIs.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the content that goes through Face++ APIs is legal, and that You, or Your users, have the proper authority to use it.
- Face++ requires You to use industry standard security measures and make sure that You don't have any malware being installed on your users computers.
- We also want You to make sure that Your users are notified when being tagged or identified in photos, and that you receive their consent before using their photos.
- This Agreement is between Face++ website and You, a legal person.
Grant of License
You are granted the authorization to use The Face++ APIs on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, limited and royalty-free basis according to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- API: Subject to the terms set forth, You may use Face++ APIs and any updates provided by Face++.
- Face++ May use Your Information: You hereby grant to Face++ all rights to use and incorporate any contents you provide to Face++, apart from legal negotiations, confidential material or user login details, in the API Documents, or any other Face++ product or service without compensation to you and without further recourse by you.
- Your Submissions must be non-offensive, legal and virus free: You hereby warrant that You have the full authorization to post all the materials posted to Face++ or API Documents, including software and documents and that all posts do not violate any right of any 3rd party, including intellectual property rights, and that all software code posted must be checked with Internet industry standard up-to-date antivirus and anti-worm software, and determined to be virus-free and worm-free. Any data provided to Face++ must not contain harmful scripts or code.
- Termination: You may terminate the license at any time by discontinuing use of all or any of the Face++ APIs. Face++ may terminate Your License or the Face++ APIs at any time and for any reason.
If your product or service uses or is based upon the Face++ APIs, then You shall comply with all the following:
- Transparency to Users and Notification: If Your application or service makes any personal information available to any user apart from the user which provided the Photos or data used by the Face++ APIs, You must inform the users located in the photos, that they were tagged by your service or application, to the most possible extent, and provide them with the ability to remove the tags, correct them or block the application or service. Moreover, when dealing with personally identifiable information, you may not retain, store or convey to 3rd party, and must immediately remove from any Application or Service, and any data repository in your possession or control, any or 3rd party user data obtained through the Face++ APIs not explicitly identified as being storable indefinitely in the API Documents or by the 3rd Party.
- Use of Industry Standard Security Mechanisms: Your networks, operating system and software of its web server(s), routers, databases, and computer systems must be properly configured to Internet industry standards, as required to securely operate your Application or Service.
Adhere to Best Practices
- Non-Offensive Use: You shall not use the Face++ APIs in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to located embargo, hate materials or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, any hacking, surveillance.
- Non-Critical Use: You may not use the Face++ APIs to operate mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake. You understand that the Face++ APIs are not designed for such purposes and that their failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which Face++ is not responsible;
- Rate Limiting: You shall use the Face++ APIs in a reasonable manner that complies with reasonable request volume, and shall not create any excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fail to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the API Documents relating to rate limiting.
- Non-Competition: You shall not use the Face++ APIs in a product or service that competes with products or services offered by Face++.
3rd Party Terms
If your use of Face++ APIs shall any 3rd party API, or otherwise read or write information from or to any 3rdparty user accounts through Face++ APIs:
- Adherence to 3rd Party Terms: You hereby agree to adhere to the terms set by any 3rd party which you use the Face++ APIs to call, and shall not circumvent, or otherwise manipulate, any protection of Your, Face++'s or the 3rd Party's users.
- Obtaining Complete Consent: You shall be solely responsible for securing clear, express consent from the user, granting you permission to access such 3rd party account using his credentials, including if applicable, retrieving user-specific information, user’s friends account information, or writing information to such users accounts. You will strictly comply with the scope of express consent they granted you when accessing such user’s account.
The Face++ APIs are currently provided free of charge. However, Face++ may charge fees for future use of or access to the Face++ APIs or the Face++ services according to its sole discretion. If Face++ decides to charge for the Face++ APIs Services, Face++ will provide you prior notice of such charges. Face++ may also charge You when providing You a service different from the service under these Terms; for example, we may charge additional fees for excessive API use.
If You apply the service of Face++ in any of your software, application, website, and research, You should cite www.faceplusplus.com
explicitly and properly.