Beijing Kuangshi Technology Co., Ltd. (“we” or “us”) welcomes you (“You”) to our Face++ Cognitive Services (“Face++”)!
- It is Your responsibility to make sure that the content that goes through Face++ products is legal, and that You, or Your users, have the proper authority to use it.
- We require You to use industry standard security measures and make sure that You don't have any malware being installed on Your users'computers.
- We also want You to make sure that Your users are notified when being tagged or identified in photos, and that You receive their consent before using their photos.
Grant of License
You are granted the authorization to use the Face++ products on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, limited basis according to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- APIs: Subject to the terms set forth herein, You may use Face++ APIs and any updates provided by us or our affiliates.
- SDKs: Subject to the terms set forth herein, You may use Face++ SDKs and any updates provided by us or our affiliates.
Fees: The Face++ products include Free Services and Paid Services, you may find out our price plan at: https://www.faceplusplus.com/pricing/.
Please note that the account balance, including but not limited to top-up account and bonus account, is non-refundable under any circumstances, but can be consumed only.
Please note that any fees or purchases for any products or services on Face++ platform, including but not limited to Web API service and Mobile SDK service, is non-refundable under any circumstances, but can be consumed only.
- We May use Your Information: You hereby grant to us all rights to use and incorporate any contents You provide to us through Face++, apart from legal negotiations, confidential material or user login details, in the API Documents, or any other Face++ product or service for improving the Face++ APIs or any application that we have now or may develop in the future without compensation to You and without further recourse by You. Please be assured that, in respect of any photo that may have uploaded by You on Face++ or through the Face++ APIs, we will collect and save the original photo securely for our research purpose, not share with 3rd party.
- Your Submissions must be non-offensive, legal and virus free: You hereby warrant that (i) any submission made by You to Face++ comply with the applicable law in the applicable jurisdiction; (ii)You have the full authorization to post all the materials posted to Face++ or product Documents, including software and documents and that all posts do not violate any right of any 3rd party, including intellectual property rights; (iii) all software code posted must be checked with Internet industry standard up-to-date antivirus and anti-worm software, and determined to be virus-free and worm-free; and (iv)any data provided to Face++ must not contain harmful scripts or code.
- Termination: You may terminate the license at any time by discontinuing use of all or any of the Face++ products. We may terminate Your License or Your use of and access to the Face++ products at any time and for any reason without notice.
If Your product or service uses or is based upon the Face++ Products, then You shall comply with all of the following:
- Transparency to Users and Notification: If Your application or service makes any personal information available to any user apart from the user which provided the photos or data used by the Face++ products, You must inform the users located in the photos, that they were tagged by your service or application, and provide them with the ability to remove the tags, correct them or block the application or service. Moreover, when dealing with personally identifiable information, You may not retain, store or convey to 3rd party, and must immediately remove from any application or service, and any data repository in Your possession or control, any 3rd party user data obtained through the Face++ products not explicitly identified as being storable indefinitely in the product Documents or by the 3rd Party.
- Use of Industry Standard Security Mechanisms: Your networks, operating system and software of its web server(s), routers, databases, and computer systems must be properly configured to Internet industry standards, as required to securely operate your application or service.
Adherence to Best Practices
- Non-Offensive Use: You shall not use the Face++ products in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to located embargo, hate materials or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, any hacking, surveillance.
- Non-Critical Use: You may not use the Face++ products to operate mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake. You understand that the Face++ products are not designed for such purposes and that their failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which Face++ is not responsible;
- Rate Limiting: You shall use the Face++ APIs in a reasonable manner that complies with reasonable request volume, and shall not create any excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fail to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the API Documents relating to rate limiting.
- Non-Competition: You shall not use the Face++ products in a product or service that competes with products or services offered by us or our affiliates worldwide.
3rd Party Terms
If Your use of Face++ products involves any 3rd party API/SDK, or otherwise read or write information from or to any 3rd party user accounts through Face++ products, the following 3rd party terms shall apply:
- Adherence to 3rd Party Terms: You hereby agree to adhere to the terms set by any 3rd party which You use the Face++ APIs to call, and shall not circumvent, or otherwise manipulate, any protection of Your, Face++'s or the 3rd Party's users.
- Obtaining Complete Consent: You shall be solely responsible for securing clear, express consent from the user, granting You permission to access such 3rd party account using his credentials, including if applicable, retrieving user-specific information, user’s friends account information, or writing information to such users accounts. You will strictly comply with the scope of express consent they granted You when accessing such user’s account.
We may modify or update the Face++products from time to time without further notice to you.
Warranty and Disclaimer
We warrant to You that we will operate Face++ and provide our Face++products using reasonable care and skill.
APART FROM THIS WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, FACE++ AND THE FACE++PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT FACE++ AND THE FACE++PRODUCTS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE ABOVE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH FACE++ OR THE FACE++PRODUCTS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF FACE++ OR THE FACE++PRODUCTS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACCESS AND USE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST US FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH FACE++ AND THE FACE++PRODUCTS IS TO STOP USING. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys'fees), made against us or any of our affiliates by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with Your use of Face++ and the Face++ APIs.
If You apply the service of Face++ in any of Your software, application, website, and research, You should cite www.faceplusplus.com explicitly and properly.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
Updated on Jan 12, 2017